About Landscape & Travel Photography by Tabitha Hawk
1/2 computer geek. 1/2 creative geek.
Been to all 50 states & capitals, storm chaser & landscape photographer. Drone pilot. Ghost Hunter.
Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere and sometimes in the middle of nowhere you find yourself is how one person put it, traveling is freedom and the camera is the voice of the liberated I can share with you. Life is more than working in a cubicle, stressed out and at best takes a staycation. I feel most alive exploring the concrete jungles, the hole-in-the-wall eatery in the middle of nowhere, from the beaches to chasing down supercell storms to the mountains; it is the journey that enriches life memories and photos evidence of a life lived. On this site, I can share a little of my life and welcome you along to view and share my joys with others and you can encourage future journeys by purchasing prints or downloads with prices starting at $3.99.
BIO | Tabitha Hawk moved to Nashville in 2002 after growing up in the corn belt of Northwest Ohio near Lima, the basis of the show “GLEE”. Computer superhero by day by being the Owner of Nashville Computer Guru (est. 2007) and buffet line of interest keep the free time to near extinction levels.
Tabitha enjoys traveling and fitting a week’s worth for the common vacationer in a weekend of high mileage, fast-paced, sleep deprived trips in an effort to see and photograph as much as possible. If she isn’t sunburnt, exhausted and sore then it wasn’t a good vacation.
Tabitha always is adding more to the to-do list then what is taking off. Never stopping for long, she has done a lot in my life and got so much more to do.
BRAGGING STATEMENT | Tabitha has won numerous award and has been a published photographer. Tabitha wishes she could be as cool as the accolades make her sound but she just lives to take photos praised or not.
CAMERA | Yes, talent lies in the photographer but doesn't hurt to have gear either
1. Canon 5D Mark IV 30.4MP
2. Canon EF 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6L IS USM Lens
3. Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM Ultra Wide Angle Zoom Lens
4. B+W 77mm Kaesemann Circular Polarizer with Multi-Resistant Coating on all lenses
5. B+W ND filters for long exposures
6. Manfrotto tripod with RRS (Really Right Stuff) , BH-30 LR: Compact ball head with LR, BGE6-L: L-plate for Canon BG-E6 grip.
7. RRS TFA-01 Pocket 'Pod
8. Transcend 32 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Cards
9. Canon Battery Grip BG-E20
10. Shot everything in RAW format, Mostly use Adobe Lightroom for editing, Adobe Photoshop for Panoramas and Perfect Photo Suite by onOne for fine-tuning photos.
LINKS | Travel Blog | Facebook | Google + | Flickr | Twitter | Linkedin